Posted by: Averitt Express on May 16, 2017
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through May 31, 2017! ($1,000 after 90 days and $1,000 after 180 days!)
Now hiring Experienced Drivers with 1+ year of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 1 year of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
EXCITING NEWS, we're minimizing down time and maximizing pay with the launch of our NEW minimum miles program. Details below.
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
- Leading transportation provider since 1971
- Modern, well-maintained equipment
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
- 1,000+ associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Our quality and culture
- Promote from within to leadership/non-driving positions
About This Position:
- Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
- Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
- We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, NY state or Canada
- NYC optional
- Assigned safe, well-maintained Volvos, Freightliners, and/or International ProStars'
- All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions
- Home EVERY Week (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
- Over 90% NO-TOUCH freight
- Additional unloading /loading pay when required ($50 full load; $25 partial load)
- $20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- PrePass Plus
- Fuel bonus= earn an additional 1/2 cpm if exceed baseline truck/ transmission MPG averages; paid quarterly.
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
Experienced Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 3 years. All dispatched miles are paid, with the potential to earn an additional 1/2 cpm fuel bonus.
- Start out at .45 cpm
Minimum miles program= loads under 400 miles total (empty + loaded) will be paid as 400 miles.
Must have a minimum of 3- 11 months verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 1 year of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid six hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .45 cpm.
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
- $68.75 per week for family
- $27.90 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download to assist with communication & convenience
- We have 8 Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points based program that encourages you to meet specific performance goals, and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership. Drivers may be eligible to transfer into other driving and non-driving positions upon completing 6 months as a regional driver.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 3- 11 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must apply for hazmat/tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire (will reimburse upon receipt & dated after your application date)
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- Lift/Open trailer door - lift requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Load/Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To start your application now, click APPLY