Posted by: Advanced Concepts and Technologies on Sep 12, 2017
Joint Base Lackland/Kelly, TX
Overview: ACT I has been providing solutions for high profile military programs such as the U.S. Navy's and the U.S. Air Force's Joint Strike Fighter F-35, the U.S. Navy's F-18, EA-18G and F-16N Aggressor, and the U.S. Air Force's F-22 Raptor since 1998.
We are a Small Business DoD Prime Contractor and are seeking candidates to provide non-personal advisory and assistance services (A&AS) to the U.S. Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA).
The Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA) is a Forward Operating Agency of the Air Force Medical Service (AFMS). AFMOA assumed the responsibility to be the execution arm for many roles previously the responsibility of the Major Command (MAJCOM) Surgeons.
Tasks are in the functional areas of Resource Management Analysts and Medical Expense Performance Reporting System (MEPRS) Project Managers.
Candidates shall monitor budget execution, Government purchase card programs, travel. Process financial transactions for the AFMS operating budget accounts and Plans and Programs analysts to provide programming and analytical in support of the AFMOA Medical Support Operations Directorate (SGA)/Resource Management Division (SGAR), San Antonio, Texas to MAJCOMs and the 76 Medical Treatment Facility (MTF)s throughout the AFMS.
Place of Performance: AFMOA Medical Support Operations Directorate (SGA)/Resource Management Division (SGAR) San Antonio, Texas (Joint Base San Antonio Lackland/ Kelly Air Force Base).
Proposed Period of Performance: 15 Sep 2017 - 14 Sep 2020 (one Base Year plus two Option Years)
This position is contingent upon Task Order award.
Responsibilities: • Advise AFMOA and AFMS leadership regarding new operating procedures for consideration by the Government.
• Attend and participate in various team, workgroup and branch meetings.
• Provide Funds Control/Budget Execution support as follows:
o Assist in the issuance and control of all Air Force (AF) Defense Health Program (DHP) appropriations across all AF MAJCOMS MTFs via the Program Budget Accounting System (PBAS).
o Assist in the management of the overall AFMOA checkbook including any withhold accounts. Track DHP budget execution, funding disbursements using PBAS and develop funds management reports.
o Conduct analyses, reviews, and special studies of budget and funds execution, and evaluate their impact on program plans and current and prior year funding.
• Using established guidance, advise MTF government personnel on the proper way to enter AFMS requirements into AF accounting system.
o Assist in the of management all documentation to support the AFMOA budget including the
o Utilize Department of Defense (DoD) regulations and internal control practices, as well as assists
AFMOA SGA/SGAR in developing draft policies and operating procedures for use by the
o Work with resource analysts to develop charts/spreadsheets of accounts to reflect Operating
Budget Account Number (OBAN) consolidation.
o Issue funding documents thru PBAS to the OBANs across the AF.
o Validate the Open Document Listing on a weekly basis to include current and prior year accounts.
o Travel to provide financial management training to medical personnel at organizations/MAJCOMS and MTFs.
• Provide assistance to identify and complete tasks, resolve audit findings and material weaknesses
and revise policy, as necessary, contained in the AF financial statements, footnotes, and Financial
Improvement and Audit Readiness Plan. Work with each functional Office of Primary Responsibility
(OPR) to determine specific actions needed and resolution of those actions and/or policies.
o Tasks that need to be resolved include research of source data; process mapping and
improvements; policy development, coordination, and implementation; and systems
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of system and process flow documentation, including
documentation of manual work-around and compensating controls involved in the analysis and
calculation of financial statement line items. Develop and propose corrective actions necessary to
correct deficiencies identified.
• Provide accounting support, including financial and cost analysis, in support of AFMS financial
statements, audit readiness, and individual compliancy efforts.
• Support DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) System activities.
• Prepare, coordinate, and support planning and programming across the AFMS to determine better
ways to support mission requirements, given system constraints.
• Develop, implement, and articulate strategies to support all programming programs such as the
Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Future Years Defense Plan (FYDP) management.
• Utilize various AF manpower management databases to manage, analyze, and implement
programming tools. Such databases may include Medical Planning and Programming Tool (MPPT),
POM programs, Data Collection Tool, Impact Application Tool, and Make versus Buy modeling.
• Coordinate with AFMS staff at all levels to understand programming requirements (manpower and
financial) and develop strategies to support those requirements. Collect, analyze, and provide data on
manpower and financial requirements using existing measurements/evaluation techniques or
devising new ones as required.
• Conduct, analyze, and articulate special studies/programs across AFMS to support/enhance
• Forecast programming requirements, formulate various optional plans given constraints, and
articulate impacts of various plans to a wide range of audiences.
• Utilize, produce, develop, manage, and interpret standardized documents used for programming
actions such as Unit Manning Document (UMD), Authorization Change Request, Organizational
Change Request, Career Progression Guide.
• Receive, interpret, disseminate, and recommend implementation of various policy, regulation,
directives, and guidance from Headquarters Air Force to include AFI 65-601, Volume 1, Budget
Guidance and Procedures and AFMAN 41-120, Medical Resource Management Operations, to
include all policies and directives enclosed in Attachment 1 of AFMAN 41-120.
• Design or acquire data collection tools (excel, database, etc.) to compile data to show detailed plans
supporting programming actions for the presentation of that data for decision making by senior
• Educate AFMS and AF organizations on programming requirements and processes.
• Interact with peers and Line of the Air Force manpower & financial counterparts to accomplish
• Provide manpower and financial programming advice to all AFMS personnel, as well as other AF
• Prepare programming inputs (manpower and financial) for the Plans and Programs Division.
• Participate in conferences, meetings, video teleconferences, Teleconferences, Webinars and perform
quality control duties.
• Validate data by reconciling between financial and reporting data systems such as Commander's
Resource Integration System (CRIS), Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System,
Financial Management (FM) Suite, and Contract Management Planning and Surveillance System.
• Prepare briefings, reports, bullet papers, or other supporting documentation.
• Advise Executive Staff at the MTFs on the status and implementation of financial and manpower
Qualifications: • Bachelor's Degree in a business or related field (e.g., business administration, computer information
systems, finance, healthcare, economics, health management); or five (5) years of experience in the
area of planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over financial planning and execution,
budget administration, and manpower or personnel coordination can be a substitute for the education
• Two (2) years' experience in AF MTF Resource Management Office or DOD or MAJCOM Medical
• Two (2) years of analytical experience using the Budget Execution Report (BER) and AF Manpower
tools and documents.
• Three (3) years' experience in AFMS financial systems and manpower processes.
• Three (3) years of experience with specific DHP issues, accounting processes, commodities, Budget
Activity Groups (BAG), budgetary processes, third party reimbursement programs, POM, and
• Three (3) years of experience with the CRIS, to include how to create DHP-specific queries, data
extraction, data import/export, and information analysis and AF Manpower tools and documents.
• Three (3) years of experience working with the AFMS medical organizational structure, clinical
missions, programs and requirements to study and analyze procedures related to the provision of
medical care, staffing requirements, and link to financial operations.
• Four (4) years of experience preparing oral and written presentations (analysis). Must be able to
perform necessary coordination to provide the results of financial analyses to leaders at all levels of
the organization, to include the activity's executive committee.
• Must possess and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance
--------------------------------------------------------------- DISCLAIMER ------------------------------------------------------------------
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
ACT I's management strives to balance the need for competitive compensation packages while maintaining competitive pricing for its customers. Key aspects of ACT I's compensation package for employees include medical and dental insurance, company 401(k) contributions, annual profit sharing, salary, vacation, education assistance, life insurance, and short/long term disability.
RETIREMENT includes a Profit-Sharing Plan; a Safe Harbor Program; a 401k Program including pre-tax or post-tax deferrals with quarterly enrollment participation; and a Profit Sharing Program.
Benefits include: LIFE and DISABILITY, MEDICAL and DENTAL; a CAFETERIA PLAN for a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Reimbursement/Health Reimbursement Account (HSA) IAW IRS limits; LEAVE (Vacation) including All Major Holidays, and Comprehensive Leave increasing with years of service.
OTHER PROGRAMS include:
• Tuition assistance & training/certification reimbursement available for job related professional development; and
• Annual Performance Bonus Program for outstanding performance.
Resumes will be reviewed immediately and candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted for further consideration and preliminary interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
HR. Website URL: