Posted by: Averitt Express on Nov 14, 2017
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $1,500 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through Nov. 30, 2017! ($750 at 90 days and $750 at 180 days!)
Are you ready to put your CDL-A to work all while getting home every night to your friends & family? Look no further, Averitt's looking for City drivers who will enjoy daily local routes and have the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with our customers.
You'll also enjoy in cab technology that makes it a breeze to talk with dispatch and navigate a route. And since you enjoy daily home time as a city driver, this is an ideal position for anyone whose roots at home go deep.
Consistent pay & hours!
This is a Monday - Friday position with a start time of 9 am - 10 am or 3 pm - 4 pm averaging 50 hours / week.
Starting pay is $23.55 / hour for hazmat certified drivers with P&D experience. Drivers will reach a top out pay of $24.55/ hour in less than one year.
**One (1) year of recent Class A tractor trailer driving experience preferred however training may be available for candidates with:
- 4+ months full-time verifiable experience within the past 3 years OR
- 1 year full-time verifiable experience within the past 5 years OR
- Recent graduates from CDL training school and/or trucking company training programs
Check out the benefits Averitt has to offer:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
- $75.70 per week for family
- $30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid vacation
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 21 years of age
- 1 year full-time verifiable tractor- trailer experience within past 3 years preferred; for lesser experience see training options above
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 year
Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
Unload freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
Complete bill of lading
Complete fuel tickets
Obtain sales leads
Secure extra shipments
Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
Complete delivery receipt
Perform pre-trip inspections
Regular predictable attendance