Posted by: AECOM on Nov 14, 2017
**Business Line** Government
**Position Title** Sonar Technician
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is actively seeking an experienced Sonar Technician to provide technical support to the Submarine Acoustics Branch, Code 272 at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) in Norfolk, VA.
1. Research technical documentation to identify the requisite procedures to troubleshoot, maintain, repair and/or replace SONAR/Acoustics system components.
2. Access and utilize DoD and DON web sites to ensure compliance with engineering standards, systems specifications, maintenance policy and procedures, and tools, test equipment, parts and logistics requirements.
3. Conduct troubleshooting, fault isolation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of SONAR/Acoustic system components.
4. Prepare documentation (e.g. TAVRs) that identifies SONAR/Acoustic system discrepancies, observations, troubleshooting and maintenance performed, system status and recommendations/proposed solutions.
5. Support "rip out", onload, installation, test and evaluation, checkout and certification of SONAR/Acoustic systems in support of modernizations, assessments, and decommissionings. Document all tasks conducted in support of these efforts.
6. Research, review and evaluate engineering change instructions (ECIs), technical manual procedures and test procedures, and develop recommendations and proposed solutions for documentation improvements.
7. Provide worldwide technical support onboard submarines and at OEM and ISEA work sites while collaborating and integrating with submarine maintenance personnel, and various government and contractor technicians.
8. Support MARMC with the development, implementation and management of a submarine material, tools and test equipment control program.
9. Provide training to contractor, government civilian and military technicians on the maintenance and operation of SONAR/Acoustic systems.
10. Provide the level of technical support that is recognized outside of the company as one of the industry or discipline experts.
11. Perform all other position related duties, as assigned or requested.
+ Vocational/technical training beyond high school, and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent in troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, and testing of diverse submarine SONAR/Acoustic systems.
+ Excellent communication and analytical skills. Proficient with computer systems and integrated software applications to include Microsoft WORD and PowerPoint. (Proficiency with EXCEL is a plus.)
+ Advanced skills and experience with troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair/replacement of SONAR/Acoustic Systems.
+ Position requires an active SECRET security clearance and the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
+ Position will require CONUS and OCONUS travel, 50%. Candidate will need to obtain a passport.
+ Extensive experience working in a U.S. Navy maintenance environment providing engineering support for submarine SONAR systems, and is a former SONAR Maintenance Technician LCPO/LPO with experience in TI-10, TI-12 and/or TI-14 configured AN/BQQ-10 systems.
+ Significant experience with both legacy/retained equipment, and modern networked systems.
+ Exhibit superior communication skills (verbal and in writing) and possess the initiative, skills and motivation to work alone or as the lead of a team of technicians.
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:_
_Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**_Job Category_** _Engineering - Acoustics_
**_Country_** _United States of America_
**_Position Status_** _Full-Time_
**_Requisition/Vacancy No._** _165957BR_
HR. Website URL: