Posted by: Aerospace Corporation on Nov 27, 2017
Crystal City, VA
Requisition ID: 29601
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Systems Director for CSPS will be responsible for building and managing an organization to directly support the Center for Space Policy and Strategy.
- Assisting in management of the Center for Space Policy and Strategy, including actions necessary for department administration, resource management, hiring, personnel management, and staff development
- Build and manage multi-disciplinary and cross-Aerospace teams to address complex customer-directed and internally-funded projects, often on compressed schedules
- Lead and manage program evaluation function for the Center for Space Policy and Strategy
- Incisively identify the most critical aspects of complex problems to focus attention on variables that have the greatest impact on outcomes
- Develop study methodologies, gather data, structure analysis, and produce visually compelling deliverables to make the complex as simple as possible for senior level policymakers and other customers, including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Brief results to multiple levels of customer organizations, including strategic-level leadership
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or policy-relevant field
- Substantial coursework at the graduate or undergraduate level in one or more quantitative discipline(s)
- Extensive experience in government program/portfolio analysis, systems analysis, strategic resource allocation, or related activities
- Extensive experience interfacing with government at senior levels (eg, GO/FO/SES/appointee/member of Congress); experience may be operating from inside or outside government
- Understanding of interagency and congressional processes and their effects on program formulation and execution
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and compelling prose, especially for communicating complex and technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Master's Degree or other graduate degree
- Direct military or intelligence community experience highly desired
- Publications on topics relevant to program evaluation, policy, or strategy
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
HR. Website URL: