Posted by: AMVETS on Jan 02, 2018
CLASSIFICATION: Executive Director
DEPARTMENT: NSF Executive Department
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: The AMVETS National Service Foundation (NSF) Executive Director reports directly to the President and Board of Trustees.
EMPLOYEE STATUS: FLSA Exempt
The NSF Executive Director serves as the chief administrative official for the National Service Foundation. The NSF Executive Director is the key management leader that has overall strategic and responsibility for overseeing day-to-day management of the Finance and Production Manager, Thrift store operations, and the Foundation portion of the Human Resources management functions.
Supervises and coordinates the goals, tasks and activities of a Foundation staff function to best support current and evolving work demands. Oversees national thrift store operation, providing regular progress reports to appropriate National Committees. Manages strategic planning function for the Foundation.
• Assure NSF’s mission and programs are consistently presented in a positive image to members and the public, seeking opportunities to represent it as appropriate.
• Assure that AMVETS National Service Officers continue to serve and function at the highest standards in representing the interests of veterans with the VA.
• Maintain and expand NSF thrift store operations such that they continue to provide funds for AMVETS and NSF programs, as well as enhance the public profile of each.
• Maintain NSF’s current direct mail fundraising activities and explore other sources of revenue generation, including grant requests to philanthropic groups.
• Maintain official records to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Foundation staff’s administration function and performance.
• Develops the organization’s plans and programs as a tactical partner in evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning and changes in work requirement for the staff. Accomplished in coordination with the Human Resources Manager and the Finance Manager.
• Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Foundation.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to administrative business challenges. This would include the assessment of “outsourcing” of various activities and functions if such external support would be the most effective method of providing the proper level of services at the appropriate cost.
• Under the guidance of legal advice, negotiate, manage and administer all contracts into which the Foundation may enter.
• Oversees and manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Foundation support staff. This includes finance, thrift store operation, contract negotiation, fundraising and Foundation portion of the human resources management function.
• Responsible for management of all real estate properties.
• Serves as spokesperson in response to media inquiries.
• Meets, regularly, with Foundation staff to develop, conduct and evaluate activities.
• Manage and supervise staff and volunteers, NSF’s budget and finances, and act as the liaison with AMVETS National.
• All NSF activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENT:
• U.S. Military background
• Advance degree, ideally MBA with 8 + years of senior nonprofit management experience; track record of effectively leading regionally/nationally scale and performance/outcomes based. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
• Ability to prioritize disparate workload, effectively and efficiently meet short and long-term deadlines and able to think proactively and plan over a 1-2 years’ time span
• Demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others
• Excellent in organizational management with ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic goals, and manage budget
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Commitment to company values.
• Ability to rapidly adjust to changing strategic direction and or priorities.
• Ability to maintain accountable working environment.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Operates in a normal office environment with a computer and possibly extensive travel involved.
AMVETS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of AMVETS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Bachelors degree or higher
Commensurate with experience
HR. Website URL: