Posted by: ABBTECH Professional Resources on Feb 23, 2018
Deskside Technicians are expected to provide on-site support for the delivery and installation of new equipment, and prompt and professional resolution to end user issues involving IT equipment and software. The technicians will trouble-shoot incidents and collaborate with other IT service providers as needed to insure resolution. Technicians will provide the required level of support, using "remote tools" when possible. In order to support the deployment of replacement workstations
1.Perform receipt and asset control activities for the systems to be deployed.
2.Execute the pre-capture checklist to assure the success of the Altiris Deployment Solution Capture activity.
3.Initiate execution of Altiris Deployment Solution against target and replacement workstations.
4.Perform loading of above-baseline software and perform quality control steps to ensure the systems have the required configuration and software.
5.Set up replacement workstation at user location.
6.Test and confirm customer satisfaction.
7.Correction of discrepancies identified, and root cause analysis to prevent future discrepancies.
8.Remove and execute asset control procedures to excess the refreshed target system.
• Setup, deploy and assure the quality of desktop and laptop workstations and attached equipment to IRS end users and support the deployment of new workstations.
• Distribute peripheral equipment and associate supply items such as printers, toner, etc.
Task Order Administration
Provide a weekly Status Report to Project Manager and Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) which will contain:
• summary and status of work performed for the time frame of the report
• Number and type of activities performed
• Number and status of reports produced
• Summary of analysis performed
• Barriers encountered and mitigations to those barriers
• Problems or constraints for completing any of the requirements;
• Status of open items from previous report(s)
HR. Website URL: