Posted by: ABBTECH Professional Resources on Feb 23, 2018
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
Network Security Engineer (4 positions)
Location: Offutt AFB, NE
TS/SCI or TS with SCI eligibility
10 year contract
Responsible for providing information assurance (IA), computer network defense, and technical review support to government and command operations; including, but not limited to, reviewing requirements for security related capabilities, working computer network defense (CND) and IA background and skills, analysis, correlation, and prioritization of vulnerabilities discovered in scans and vendor bulletins, monitoring of intrusion detection system and other CND tools, and providing vulnerability tracking and status reporting on vendor provide or DoD mandated patches. Working knowledge of installation, maintenance, and upgrading of OSs and applications for the server and client environment. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to information assurance and network security. Proactively monitors vendor and DoD IA notices and reports results. Assists in devising targeted metrics to assess performance. Understands, adheres to, and implements overall security and configuration policies. Provides advice on monthly vulnerability releases. Updates projects on an on-going basis to reflect current status of IA activities and tasks. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to IA assigned responsibilities. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
• Serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of computer science, IT Operations and Security and Network Security
• Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
• Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
• Responsible for providing 24x7 monitoring of the security of the customer networks.
• Report network incidents and threats in real time by continuous monitoring of several tools and resources.
• Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
• Implement security procedures to encompass Internet security, firewall administration, virus protection strategies, and protection from unauthorized access.
• Perform reviews of random workstation configurations, server logs, and firewall reports, for anomalies, alerts, and alarms, and forward all findings to appropriate command Cybersecurity functions.
• Handle all intrusion prevention and detection, log correlation and review, email content scanning, intelligence report review, and network anomaly detection services.
• Manage, operate, maintain and administer the network security components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements.
• Encompasses multiple disciplines, including technology architects, solution architects, and enterprise architects
• Responsible for delivering business value to customer by architecting effective security solutions that address the customer's business problems, needs and opportunities, in a manner consistent with HP's strategic and business goals
• Monitors security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies. Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security. Documents and reports event(s).
• Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
• Assists in performing product evaluations and recommends products/services for network security. Validates and tests basic security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
• Develops, tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
• Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
• Assists in providing oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer's business context and their unique situation
• Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution
• Collaborate with the account team to meet or exceed revenue, product, customer satisfaction and market share goals for assigned account(s)
• Determines enterprise Cybersecurity and security standards.
• Develops and implements Cybersecurity/security standards and procedures,
• Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization, recommends Cybersecurity/security solutions to support customers' requirements.
• Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
• Establishes and satisfies Cybersecurity and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
• Responsible for preparing, coordinating, managing, and tracking Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) requests and approval credentials issued by the Authorizing Official (AO), as well as System Authorization Package and Change Requests for initial and recurring authorizations.
• Master's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 8-12 years relevant industry experience
• Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
• Experience in Network Administration and/or Network Security
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Possess security certifications (Security+, CISSP, CCNA, etc.)
• ITIL certification or equivalent
? • In-depth understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
• Common understanding of the viewpoints and models required for the delivery of DoDAF Architecture Framework artifacts
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
• Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
• Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively, ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills
• Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
• Possess various operating system or hardware certifications
HR. Website URL: