Posted by: ABBTECH Professional Resources on Feb 23, 2018
Scott Air Force Base, IL
Hawaii - 1 position
Scott Air Force Base - 3 positions
Provides 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities. Personnel shall provide subject matter expertise to an extremely complex IP-Based SATCOM network. Responsibilities include: Performing IP network configurations; creating modem configuration files, switch/router configuration files and voice equipment configurations; system monitoring, remote terminal activation, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications. The contractor shall be responsible for remotely accessing and de-accessing users into the IP/SATCOM networks and assisting users with troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
• IP/Networking experience including hands-on configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IP Modems.
• Knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
• Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-175).
• Experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR).
• Understanding of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) architecture and signal flow.
• Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
• Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using iDirect or equivalent FM-TDMA hubs.
• CCNA/CCNP (Preferred)
DoD 8570, IAT Level II (Sec+) Certification
Clearance: Minimum SECRET w/ SSBI
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
HR. Website URL: