Posted by: Newport News Shipbuilding (a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries) on Mar 13, 2018
Newport News, VA
The Systems Application Analyst position develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the company's system architecture standards. They establish and document system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinate and/or modify system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. They revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
The systems application analyst shall ensure the Systems Development Life Cycle process is adhered to and support System Engineers with requirements analysis, specification development, system design and testing associated with implementation and support of the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management suite. The individual needs the ability to work with teams consisting of project management, systems engineers, business analysts, technical resources, process leads, and system users to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business process enhancements.
• Hands-on system and application administration, maintenance, and monitoring.
• Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
• Work within the overall technical architecture and strategy for Siemens PLM products (Specifically TcU) managed and being supported by NNS.
• Adhere to the technical requirements for the implementation of current and future PLM systems.
• Preparing technical solution and administration documents, artifacts, work products and presentations for the customer.
• Contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines. Leverage lifecycle implementation experience to anticipate changes required in project plans and processes. Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions. Takes initiative to achieve valued-added results and improve upon solutions offered.
• Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the customer, project managers and team members.
• Interacts with junior and mid-level personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
HR. Website URL: