Posted by: Newport News Shipbuilding (a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries) on Mar 13, 2018
Newport News, VA
Newport News Shipbuilding a Division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is currently searching for an iDS Security Application Analyst 4, to join our IT team and embarked on a courageous project to turn shipbuilding paperless; what we call Integrated Digital Shipbuilding or iDS. If you are someone who is looking for a challenging and yet rewarding career, come join our highly qualified, innovative and diverse team of professionals, and help us take on these and other exciting projects critical to the growth and success of the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for planning, implementing, configuring, maintaining, and problem resolution for security based applications and supporting infrastructure.
• The incumbent will interface with Business Resource Managers, Technical Managers, and other peers to provide lifecycle support of security based applications; enforce compliance of policies, procedures and work instructions; perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, incident and problem management, change and configuration management, and service level performance.
• Provide security based Application Analyst functionality which includes:
• Installing and configuring new security based applications
• Responding to technical queries
• Software rationalization and lifecycle management
• Performing routine monitoring and audits of systems
• Deploy applications and services related to password updates, application and operating system provisioning, encryption and monitoring
• Application maintenance and troubleshooting
• Coordinate and implement application patches, upgrades, and configuration changes
• System monitoring and performance tuning
• Business continuity, disaster recovery planning and testing, and configuration documentation
• Analyze system and audit logs and identify potential issues
• Responsible for system integrity, backup, and recovery
• Responsible for server builds, security, and transition to production
• Provide 24x7 security application support
• Server and desktop security based applications (McAfee, Sophos)
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the companys system architecture standards. Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
HR. Website URL: