Posted by: KeyW on Apr 16, 2018
• Utilize knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and design efficient and cost effective commodity hardware computing system solutions based on customer requirements.
• Day-to-day tasks include: reviewing customer requirements, performing equipment analysis, generating equipment architecture recommendations, creating logic diagrams and BOMs, and peer reviewing system designs.
• Individuals should be able to adapt to changing customer requirements and abide by customer guidelines.
• Candidates should have good communication skills and be comfortable meeting with the customer, and working in a team environment.
• All candidates should have great attention to detail, work within established processes, meet scheduled deadlines, and communicate in a timely manner when a schedule is at risk.
• Experience with systems requirements gathering, definition, and documentation capture for physical hardware and for customer provided software
• Ability to interpret customer intent and translate into written physical hardware requirements
• Ability to apply knowledge of system lifecycle (i.e., physical hardware, network growth, hardware reusability, and ease of deployment) to system designs
• Ability to interpret and create logic diagrams and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
• Ability to perform power analysis, optical power budget analysis, hardware interface compatibility analysis
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with OEM vendors to define hardware configurations and review/evaluate quotes
• Understanding of computing architecture concepts to include but not limited to the following:
o Intel x86 Processor's
o Intel x86 Memory Architecture
o NUMA memory architecture
o RAM memory types (DDR3, DDR4, R-DIMMs, LR-DIMMS)
o Storage (HDD, SSD, NVMe)
o Networking (1GE, 10GE, 40GE, 25GE, 100GE)
o Hardware Interface Protocols (e.g., RS232, Ethernet)
• Ability to troubleshoot issues ranging from usage of design capture tools to customer hardware not performing as expected
• Ability to perform trade analysis to minimize recommendations and present this information to peers and customers as-needed
• Understanding of electrical concepts, electrical interfaces, and signal communications
Degree: BS is desired
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
KeyW is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
How to Apply?
Please click apply on the right.
Recruiting Point of Contact:
Kristen Amos, firstname.lastname@example.org, 240-274-9690
About the Organization
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
KeyW, together with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, encourages and actively supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and commits to provide equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other classifications protected by Federal, State or local law. In fact, we foster an environment that promotes diversity, balance and fun-because we believe in the importance of having a workplace as unique as the challenges we solve.
HR. Website URL: