Posted by: Cox Communications on May 25, 2018
As a Business Security Consultant for Cox Business, you will work in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. You will be have access to dedicated sales support, marketing and competitive research and back office support to allow you to focus on what you do best - closing deals!
Bring your sales experience and Cox will provide you product training to take your career to the next level. Cox is consistently recognized for our great customer service and performance and we want you to join our Winner's Circle!
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration - ideas and input are always welcome - we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
Winners Circle and other awards - we celebrate success!
FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
Retirement Benefits including 401(K)
Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
Mentoring and training programs
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio, including
The Nitty Gritty
The Cox Business Security Solutions Consultant promotes and sells Detection and Surveillance Security Solutions. Target customers include small and medium sized businesses across most verticals. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate. Business Security Consultantswork independently in the field 70% of the week calling on and meeting with new or potential customers. The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with a core focus on growing revenue quickly.
• Sell our Detection and Surveillance Security Products and Services to new and existing commercial business customers based on assigned revenue targets.
• Understands security needs of business customers to determine appropriate solution.
• Develops and maintains relationships with customers.
• Sells within the product pricing and campaign structure authorized.
• Work with support personnel to determine appropriate solutions where necessary.
• Serves as main point of contact with customer ensuring customer satisfaction through the entire sales cycle.
• Remains current on technical information regarding Cox's products and services as well as the competitive landscape.
• Maintains consultative sales and negotiation skills through ongoing training and development.
• Enters sales opportunities into sales database.
• Provides regular updates to direct supervisor, stakeholders, and others as needed, including requested reports.
• Delivers sales presentations to customers and prospects.
• Interacts with Sales Managers and Sales Director with regard to account forecasting.
• May respond to requests for Proposals and Requests for Information in a timely manner.
• May act as a liaison between customer and Cox departments as it pertains to the pre and post sales cycle.
• Works with Sales Director to manage the system's channel portfolio effectively.
• 1 or more years of experience required in related field
• 1 year successful business-to-business or business-to-customer sales experience with quotas and cold calling
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Requires 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, customer service orientation, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, reasoning, and sales skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 1 or more years sales experience with quotas and cold-calling
• 1 or more years business-to-business or business security sales experience
Knowledge of local business market, local contacts. Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox's presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and/or other local councils
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NE-Omaha-401 N 117th St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
HR. Website URL: