Posted by: Koch Industries on Jul 11, 2018
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
We are seeking an Area Purchasing and Stores Manager for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facilit ies in Allendale, SC and Clarendon, SC. As a part of our Strategic Sourcing group, the Area Manager, Purchasing and Stores reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will manage local procurement, storeroom operations, and supervise stores personnel. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of the Operation. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams, special projects, and contract negotiations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Sourcing, purchasing, negotiating and managing inventory, equipment, MRO, services and supplies from external vendors.
• Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, services, and timing.
• Managing appropriate use of national, regional, and local contract agreements.
• Identify and analyze opportunities to competitively bid local spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Optimizes working capital and on hand inventory levels.
• Works with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
• Looks to drive value creation through innovation.
• Supervising storeroom personnel.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
• Ensuring compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 year of business related experience
• Experienced with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook
• Willing and able to travel up to 40 %
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering degree.
• Inventory or store room management experience.
• Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with an inventory management computer system.
• 5 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
Why Work For GP?
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
HR. Website URL: