Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Bethel, Connecticut facility.
The Operations Manager will manage production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies to ensure the achievement of the site’s safety, quality, and customer requirements. The person in this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive employee relationship environment by demonstrating Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will drive the company's vision and mission by reinforcing Ethics, Values and Quality policies throughout the site.
* You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in incident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, and policy enforcement.
* You will fully engage the workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, and empowering employees. You will foster innovation and promote continuous learning by providing formal and informal feedback on employee performance.
* You will partner with the Master Scheduler and the Supply Chain department to ensure continuous alignment between demand forecasts and load/capacity plans to optimize schedule execution.
* You will provide guidance and support to direct reports to discuss expectations, progress of work, and resolution of problems to ensure that the site operational objectives are met.
* You will drive continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem solving tools in line with the Continuous Improvement Framework.
* You will communicate openly and effectively with employees, recognizing and rewarding employees for results and teamwork consistent with Eaton’s high expectations. You will ensure all policies, procedures, practices and operational standards are effectively communicated to the entire Operations team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: