Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Corporate Crouse Hinds Division has an opening for an Accounting Supervisor This position is based in Syracuse, NY.
Position Overview :
This position reports to the Manager of Accounting and Compliance for Crouse-Hinds, working with financial personnel at various locations domestically and internationally. Candidate will be required to complete a variety of specialized accounting functions with a primary focus on reporting the divisional financial results and position accurately and timely. Additionally, the position requires management of the capital authorization and expenditure process, with reporting and analysis provided directly to senior management of Crouse-Hinds. Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, an understanding of international business, and use of SAP, Hyperion/HFM, and Encore are requirements.
The position requires a high level of detailed analysis in a complex organization, and the ability to be highly responsive and accurate. It also requires an individual who can work with minimal direction, is proactive and self-motivated and able to communicate openly and effectively with all levels of individuals within the company.
This position will interact with a wide range of people across Eaton and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues clearly, and to communicate with people in all parts of the world. The individual will be required to work independently and use judgment in how to handle daily issues and questions from other members of the team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
* You will manage two salaried professionals and monthly team deliverables, while focusing on career development with direct reports.
* You will assist with annual physical inventory counts and cost roll procedures, as needed.
* You will participate in LSS green belt projects, as needed.
* You will identify and resolve financial accounting issues. This includes the ability to assess when an issue should be raised to the Manager of Accounting and Compliance. In addition, a continuous focus on process improvement is expected.
* You will help to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of financial results and position each month end.
* You will independently prepare quarterly and annual reporting packages to Corporate Eaton Headquarters, which support disclosures within SEC Form 10-Q and 10-K, as well as other governmental reporting.
* You will monitor fixed asset accounting and Capital Expenditure process. Present real-time analysis and summaries directly to Senior Management within Crouse-Hinds. Manage the work of a less senior member of the team in order to accomplish these functions.
* You will monitor that Corporate intercompany issues are identified and resolved timely. This involves analyzing and communicating differences and resolving issues.
* You will implement and monitor controls, process improvement, and procedure development and enforcement on an ongoing basis, in conjunction with the Accounting Manager.
* You will prepare assigned monthly journal entries, and special entries as required by the Division Accounting & Compliance Manager and Division Controller.
* You will monitor that account reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner for the division.
* You will complete ad hoc accounting assignments as requested, often complex and confidential in nature.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: