Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility. Relocation is available.
The duties of an automation engineer at the Lincoln Facility will be to develop and deliver automation projects that improve safety, quality, cost performance and our overall manufacturing competitiveness.
The engineer will be designing, specifying, testing, and assisting in programming efforts of automation equipment and controls throughout the Lincoln facility and its associates.
The ability to collaborate with project team/stakeholders in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, complexity, and cost limits.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will identify automation and robotic opportunities in the plant. Develop cost estimates and analysis for the automation. Develop project schedules.
* You will plan, layout, install, program, and troubleshoot electrical controls and equipment, including PLC’s, Motion Control Devices, Vision Systems, VFD’s, Servos, and HMI’s on new automation equipment and controls throughout the Lincoln facility.
* You will develop standardized device specifications to be used on all new or updated automation systems.
* You will create specifications for electrical systems and wiring diagrams for associated automation controls systems and equipment.
* You will support and troubleshoot automation equipment currently used within the facility.
* You will partner with AA tool and die makers and AA Electronics technicians to build new and upgrade or make improvements to automation cells and equipment throughout the Lincoln facility.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: