Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our White City, Oregon facility.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for maintaining the quality control processes, systems and documentation for the plant including receiving, work in process, finished product inspection and testing procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
* Oversee and monitor quality procedures, control plans and documentation in accordance with ISO:9001 quality standard.
* Manage RMA’s for product returned to the facility for warranty and repair.
* Lead, schedule and facilitate internal and external quality audits including communications to DNV.
* Provide quality trainings and presentations to plant team.
* Maintain and report CARE’s and PARE’s.
* Report quality numbers and charts in Tier III and month end report.
* Develop and review process FMEA’s, Control Plans.
* Lead annual Management review.
* Support production by supplying supporting order documentation and reviewing customer orders and quotes to determine quality requirements and manufacturing capability to meet them.
* Conduct root cause analysis and drive improvement efforts within the plant. Partner with supply chain to promote supplier improvements impacting overall plant quality performance.
* Lead investigations and respond to customer requests for Corrective Action Reports (CARE) on product performance. Lead investigations and respond to internal/ external quality issues. Monitor the key performance indicators and take appropriate actions to mitigate risk as needed.
* Support continuous improvement projects pertaining to key performance metrics for the plant as assigned.
* Conduct Supplier Quality Assessments (SQA) and support ongoing supplier quality maintenance by doing surveys to keep them on the approved supplier list in collaboration with Supply Chain team.
* Lead internal audit functions as required to maintain and comply with Eaton Quality System (EQS)
* Operate as company liaison with external quality issues such as: Government QARs, ISO auditors, customer audits and items at other locations.
* Assess the training requirements in plant operations for quality systems; design training for site and provide specialized training as needed.
* Update on various metrics report as needed by function to deliver status to leadership team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: