Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
Eden Prairie, MN
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Fluid Filtration Division is currently seeking a Commodities Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN location.
This role deals with the strategic management of global commodities purchased by the Global Hydraulics Filtration Division. This position is responsible for over $60M in annualized spend. The person will develop, manage, and implement commodity strategies that meet the organizations cost, quality, delivery and other prime goals. This role will lead the development, management and implementation of sourcing strategies to position Hydraulics to achieve growth, cost, quality and delivery goals. The Commodity Manager develops, deploys and executes direct material cost out projects and strategies, which requires global coordination with Supply Chain, Product Management, Operations and Engineering.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will develop commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s Hydraulics Filtration spend and work with Eaton Global Enterprise category managers to identify synergies to deliver cost benefits.
* You will ensure commodity strategies are aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies. Regarded as commodity and market subject matter expert for assigned commodities.
* You will build a global strategic supply base that meets the business growth, capacity and performance needs.
* You will manage the supply base to achieve goals working with regional and plant level supply chain and operations functions.
* You will initiate, plan, monitor and execute global direct material cost down projects, and build and maintain project pipeline, within a portfolio program management tool. The projects will provide NET 3-5% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
* You will lead critical, strategic cost out projects to ensure key cost reduction targets are met and process is maximized to deliver expected results.
* You will negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts, Long Term Agreements, cost negotiations and relationships.
* You will be responsible for supply continuity and risk mitigation for the responsible commodity.
* You will conduct Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
* You will develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
* You will manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.).
* You will support corporate supply chain programs and initiatives, for example Diversity Spend, International Procurement Office and Supplier Risk Management.
* You will develop supply and replenishment strategies that ensure supplier on time deliveries with progressively shorter lead-times.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: