Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton is seeking an Assembler to join our team on 2nd shift, starting at $17.90/hour, depending on experience. The hours for this position are from 3pm -11pm and is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The Assembler is responsible for production of all types of 3phase transformers in a continuous flow environment to meet the agreed upon customer service requirements. You will be responsible for performing the various job functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level of efficiency and quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties and assist all other team members as needed to meet production through the continuous flow line. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will order and restock components, follow standard work and 6S, perform a visual inspection of the previous operation, and construct and test all types of tap changers using the OPS and standard work.
* You will work in low voltage lead assembly to assemble small and large components and conduct hand soldering.
* You will build the sub-assemblies per OPS and quality standards that are required in the final assembly with use of calibrated tooling.
* You will build and fulfill requirements needed; work closely with engineering, quality, and shipping department to ensure product is completed and shipped on time.
* You will conduct ratio testing on the unit and troubleshoot any potential problems found in order to complete ratio test.
* You will move units by use of overhead cranes and power industrial vehicles.
* You will repair units and components that have failed test, are defective, or require other needed changes.
* You will participate in teardown, repair and modification of customer supplied equipment as directed by engineering or quality departments.
* You will troubleshoot as needed throughout the process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Looking to get into manufacturing, but don’t have experience? Are you mechanically inclined and looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing company?
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
* Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
High school or ged
HR. Website URL: