Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Corporate Research Group is currently seeking a Lead Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Southfield MI facility.
Corporate Research & Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
The (Machine Systems Technologies) team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of electro-mechanical-hydraulic (EMH) systems and eMobility.
The Lead Engineer should serve as a subject matter expert within the area of vehicle electrification for Eaton. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, active participation in industry or technical groups and events, publishing papers, etc. Finally as a subject matter expert internally the Senior Engineering Specialist will be expected to mentor junior staff and consult with internal business & engineering customers
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
* Lead complex global technology realization programs/projects involving multiple stakeholders external to Eaton utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews. (external stakeholders include universities, National Labs, government entities, manufacturing partners, etc.)
* Serve as (or support) Program Managers in the development of detailed project plans and value proposition. Lead globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manage selected projects under the guidelines of our internal stage-gate process.
* Lead the development of global strategies for technology roadmaps for broad applications that are linked to, and supportive of, the overall CRT and business strategies.
* Lead or co-leads ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.)
* Serve as a Principal Investigator in government proposal preparation and/or project execution of large projects
* Initiate and develop solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquire needed resources and funding
* Able to sell ideas and bring business unit funding to CRT
* Strategically identify leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton.
* Lead open innovation events with universities and external institutes that align with Power Block strategy
* Serve as a subject matter expert externally and internally. This includes leadership/active participation in external industry and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting internal business and engineering partners.
* Set IP strategy with business unit stakeholders and actively contributes to IP generation
* Serve as a key participant in department and CRT process improvements When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: