Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. The position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Quality Engineer provides support and expertise in all aspects of Plant Quality Systems functions. Main responsibilities include administering the Corrective Action System ensuring satisfactory resolution to all noted nonconformities and performing Internal Audits of assigned areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
* Determine, develop, and monitor inspection and test techniques necessary to meet design requirements, including new product releases-both prototype and production.
* Assess the inspect ability of new designs.
* Review Engineering drawings to assure that they are properly dimensioned and conform to GD&T protocol.
* Generate the inspection gauging requirements, including their availability both in-house and at the suppliers.
* Assist in gage design to improve inspection effectiveness.
* Monitor production processes and methods to assure maintenance of in-process quality levels and to prevent quality problems.
* Implementation and Sustain of the Quality Best Practices and Quality Leading Indicators.
* Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering and suppliers to improve manufacturing processes and develop methods to eliminate quality problems.
* Work with government and/or other customer representatives to interpret or reach agreement on quality procedures and acceptability of products. Assure compliance with the specified government requirements.
* Investigate and resolve product quality problems caused by processes, material or worker error.
* Review rejected hardware to identify cause and corrective action.
* Suggest process and/or design changes to improve producibility and/or yield.
* Evaluate discrepant material and determine whether it can be salvaged through approved recovery methods.
* Maintain accurate records to comply with Company policy towards record retention.
* Administer training programs on quality issues pertinent to the work performed by shop personnel
* Maintain appropriate training records.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: