Posted by: Perspecta on Jul 10, 2019
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need in our U.S. Public Sector group for a Systems Engineer Senior - Top Secret Clearance SCI at Offutt AFB, NE.
• Installs, maintains, and upgrades OSs and applications for UNIX and Linux environments. Windows is a bonus.
• Manages file systems and configuration. Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
• Understands/adheres to and implements overall security policies.
• Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding core infrastructure, including backup and restore procedures, load and performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware provisioning, hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Assists with software release and monthly system maintenance.
• Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
• Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
• Monitors and audit system logs for system and network anomalies.
Education and Experience Required :
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
• 8 - 12 years directly related experience
• Security+ Certification
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• Strong background and experience working with relevant operating systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
• Experience in Red Hat Enterprise administration with knowledge of RHEL 6
• General administration of VMware, virtual servers, and virtual technologies including the concepts of HA (high-availability) and vMotion.
• Experience in SAN management.
• Experience in data backup and recovery.
• Experience with system applications monitoring and reporting to include performance and planning.
• Understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies
• Possess an industry certification in systems administration (Linux, Microsoft, etc.)
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Apply Thank you for your interest in Perspecta. We are excited about our company and look forward to welcoming new employees to our talented team. Perspecta was recently formed through the combination of DXC Technology's U.S. Public Sector business with Vencore and KeyPoint.
While applying for a job, you may find yourself having to create/sign-in with various accounts depending on the legacy company of the specific application you are completing. We appreciate your patience as we work behind the scenes to fully integrate our systems and create a consolidated applicant experience.
HR. Website URL: