Posted by: National Security Agency on Nov 06, 2019
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The National Security Agency employs Contracting Specialists who play a critical role in creating and negotiating the contracts needed to support the internal infrastructure of a federal agency comparable in size and budget to Fortune 100 companies.
Description of Position:
The National Security Agency is looking for experienced Contracting Specialists to join the team! NSA Contracting Specialists are responsible for acquiring the goods and services necessary to achieve the Agency's mission and protect the Nation. As a Contracting Specialist with NSA, you will be empowered to develop, negotiate and manage contracts of varying types and dollar values (simplified purchases to multimillion dollar awards). You will have the opportunity to see your contributions to the mission first hand, while overseeing your requirements from cradle-to-grave.
As a Contracting Specialist at the NSA, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and/or implementing acquisition plans, programs, and policies
- Developing or assisting in developing acquisition strategies
- Researching and evaluating potential contractors/vendors to determine best fit with needs, considering capabilities and costs
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quote (RFQ)
- Evaluating and negotiating proposals from potential contractors/vendors
- Evaluating procurements to ensure compliance with funding, legal, and program requirements
- Preparing and award contracts with supporting documentation in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies (for example, FAR)
- Administering contracts to include issuing modifications and ensuring delivery and payment
- Implementing best practices and processes
- Communicating program successes and issues with various levels and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (both oral and written), problem-solving, analytic and interpersonal skills, along with experience using the Microsoft office suite.
Selected individuals must be willing to work in a high-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- Applying Federal and DoD Acquisition concepts, regulations, and statutes (e.g., FAR, DFAR, MPOAS, NSA acquisition directives, policies, and procedures)
- Negotiating and awarding contracts
- Understanding cost analysis
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule:
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External:
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
HR. Website URL: