Posted by: Averitt Express on Nov 14, 2017
Working at Averitt Express isn't about punching the clock. It's about working with people who trust you, serving people who depend on you, and getting home to people who love you. It's about investing in something big - for you, your family, and Averitt. Our family continues to grow and we're always looking for unique individuals who will be committed to our customers, our associates, and our future. If you're ready to see what it means to put on Averitt Red, we'll be glad to speak to you! It'll be our pleasure for you to join our ever-growing family!
**THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION WITH A MAXIMUM OF 29 HOURS WEEKLY**
This is a fill in position working 1 - 3 days / week; 10 hrs / day between the hours of 7 am and 9 pm.
Part time local CDL-A truck drivers are the champions of a local area, having the opportunity to develop relationships with the customers they serve. They enjoy in-cab technology that makes it a breeze to talk with dispatch and navigate a route. If you are a fan of daily home time, then becoming a part time local driver for Averitt is an ideal position for you. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger: a legacy that will live forever.
CDL-A Part Time Local Truck Driver Benefits:
- Experienced based pay
- Profit Sharing and 401k plans
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Associate Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities - we promote from within!
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Requirements
- 21 years of age
- 1 year full-time verifiable tractor- trailer experience within past 3 years preferred; for lesser experience see training options above
- Drivers must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (tanker required for portable totes) - No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within past 3 years
- No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
- Count freight
- Complete bill of lading
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Secure extra shipments
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Complete delivery receipt
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Operate forklift