Posted by: Averitt Express on Dec 19, 2017
Attention Diesel Techs! We're offering a $1,500 sign-on BONUS for qualified mechanics through Dec. 31, 2017! ($750 at 90 days and $750 at 180 days!) Stop By Our Hiring Event
When : Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017
Time : 10:00am to 3:00pm
Where : Averitt Service Center
7526 South State Rd.,Burbank, IL 60459
Our mechanics are some of the most talented people in the whole company and are the force that keeps our tractors and trailers operating at the highest level while using the latest diagnostic tools and software.
As an Averitt mechanic, you'll enjoy a $1,000 tool allowance to supplement your own set. You'll be paid per how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue. Like every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want - from company reimbursed ASE testing (upon passing) to advancement into other Averitt positions. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger.
Position works Sunday-thursday 10pm-7am.
Could make up to $25.60 per hour based on experience.
** Great opportunity for recent Diesel Tech graduates! -- No experience needed, we will train you with the most up to date technology! **
Diesel Mechanic Functions & Duties:
- Paid clock hours, not book hours
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- $1,000 tool allowance - must have own tools
- Uniforms provided & laundered
- Working on modern, low mileage, private fleet equipment
- Volvos and/or Freightliners
- Cummins, Volvo, and Detroit engines
- Volvo I-Shift and Detroit DT12 automated transmissions
- Bumper to bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractor, trailer, and Toyota forklifts
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting on computers
- Diesel engine repair
- Preventive maintenance inspection
- Major and minor trailer repairs
- Electrical trouble shooting
- Minor transmission repair
- Brake system repair
- Tire maintenance
- Air conditioning system repair
- Tire & Wheel, Heavy Duty Brake System and A/C Certifications a plus
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Training and Certification requirements
- Preventive maintenance inspection - Requires bending & stooping
- Lubrication - Requires bending & stooping
- Oil change - Requires bending & stooping
- Brake system repair - lift requirement: 105 lbs
- Driveline component repair - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Trailer body repair -lift requirement: 100 lbs
- Tire maintenance - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Diesel engine repair - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Heavy duty truck mechanical aptitude
- Air conditioning certification
- Heavy duty brake certification
- Remove and replace vehicle components
Diesel Mechanic Benefits:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals.
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Experienced based pay
- Profit Sharing and 401k plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Paid Holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off/ vacation
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid Orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Have questions? Give us a call at 888-AVERITT (283-7488)
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years