Posted by: Advanced Concepts and Technologies on Mar 13, 2018
Barksdale AFB, LA
ACT I has been providing solutions for high profile military programs such as the U.S. Navy's and the U.S. Air Force's Joint Strike Fighter F-35, the U.S. Navy's F-18, EA-18G and F-16N Aggressor, and the U.S. Air Force's F-22 Raptor since 1998.
We are a Small Business DoD Prime Contractor and are seeking candidates provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to support AFGSC priorities in activating and implementing the strategic-to-tactical programs of the Major Command (MAJCOM).
All work will principally be performed at HQ AFGSC, at Barksdale AFB, LA.
The objective of this task is to provide technical/analytical support and expertise in the area of Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS) support and performance to assist the AFGSC A2 in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan to guide the organization's way ahead. Results-based performance measures are necessary to effectively monitor and drive strategic plan implementation, while simultaneously satisfying guidance from Higher Headquarters and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
1. The candidate shall provide expertise to support all aspects of systems operations for a JWICS Windows Microsoft based server environment to include the following: Performs studies and establishes plans of action for improving the efficiency of information technology applications; Performs studies covering the installation's information technology status; Evaluates existing systems and capabilities and initiates feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses to determine ways and means necessary to enhance mission performance, from those studies, determines requirements and recommends a best course of action along with proposed alternatives; Evaluates the impact emerging technology will have on business needs and practices and takes into consideration the organization's financial and other resources while developing capital investment plans designed to meet changing IT needs of the organization; Prepares justification for reprioritizing funding to support IT enhancements and persuades management to take a specific course of action; Prepares documentation and briefs management officials on specifics of requirements, both hardware and software, and outlines procedures to obtain and organize enhancements; Produces system and program specifications and establishes milestones which include processing steps, program layouts, interrelationships, sequences, and internal logic; Establishes methods necessary to integrate new technology into existing architecture, identifying conflicting system interface problems and developing solutions;
2. The candidate shall provide expertise to assess policy needs and develops policy and procedures governing IT activities. Plans, develops, approves procedures and interprets policy related to IT activities. Continually assesses policy needs and interprets broad DoD, AF, and other higher headquarters guidance and applies it through development of policies for the area of responsibility. Consults and coordinates with project staff from other organizations and agencies in developing, revising, interpreting, and modifying policies to ensure application of local activities meet project needs. Keeps abreast of changes in policy direction and assesses impact on organizational business requirements. Reviews system documentation, configuration controls, and contractual aspects to determine compliance with applicable standards. Presents findings to program officials and makes recommendations for improvement where appropriate. Develops migration plans for implementation of new technology. Assesses and identifies training needs that address activities where gaps in competency exist in either current or new technology. Develops training programs, or locates and recommends sources of training that ensure users can apply the best techniques in using IT. Provides technical assistance to system users and candidates.
3. The candidate shall provide expertise as senior technical advisor on budget activities. Plans and coordinates all phases of the acquisition, implementation, and integration of IT assets. Conducts extensive research and analytical studies and develops specifications, justifications, and economic analysis in support of selection and acquisition actions. Prepares justifications for long range funding submissions. Conducts surveys of current architecture and infrastructure to determine the most cost effective methods of meeting organizational business requirements. Prepares cost analysis reports which provide management sufficient detail upon which to base decisions regarding allotment of resources. Prepares detailed budget proposals and financial plans for approval of higher-level management in support of defined business needs. Persuades and influences management toward a specific course of action. Maintains liaison with the contracting office, budget office, and other staff functions involved in IT activities. Proactively serves as management's technical consultant in all aspects of IT funding.
4. The candidate shall provide expertise and/or participates in discussions, meetings, conferences, committees or special IT projects. Analyzes areas of concern, identifies problems, and resolves conflicts through persuasive discussions with management and user representatives. Consults with base officials and working groups, customers and other organization personnel on IT concerns. Prepares reports encompassing long and short range planning strategy recommendations, and presents briefings covering recommendations for acquisition or changes in business practices through enhanced IT use. Maintains liaison with technical and professional organizations and industry to keep abreast of trends in technology. Prepares and presents briefings which outline problems and solutions and keep management aware of their role in adopting changing technology. Special projects and initiatives involve long-range planning which will enable the installation to meet future requirements; therefore, the employee must continually stay up to date with rapidly changing technology to be able to predict how management can prepare for the future. Serves on committees and working groups involved with future planning.
• Currently possess a Project Management (PMP) certification.
• DoD 8140 Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level III or Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III certification.
• Demonstrate at least eight years of experience in an Information Technology designated position.
• Currently possess any one of the following CISCO certifications: CISCO Certified Design Associate (CCDA), CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP), or CISCO Certified Design Expert (CCDE).
• TS/SCI personal security clearance.
--------------------------------------------------------------- DISCLAIMER ------------------------------------------------------------------
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
ACT I's management strives to balance the need for competitive compensation packages while maintaining competitive pricing for its customers. Key aspects of ACT I's compensation package for employees include medical and dental insurance, company 401(k) contributions, annual profit sharing, salary, vacation, education assistance, life insurance, and short/long term disability.
RETIREMENT includes a Profit-Sharing Plan; a Safe Harbor Program; a 401k Program including pre-tax or post-tax deferrals with quarterly enrollment participation; and a Profit Sharing Program.
Benefits include: LIFE and DISABILITY, MEDICAL and DENTAL; a CAFETERIA PLAN for a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Reimbursement/Health Reimbursement Account (HSA) IAW IRS limits; LEAVE (Vacation) including All Major Holidays, and Comprehensive Leave increasing with years of service.
OTHER PROGRAMS include:
• Tuition assistance & training/certification reimbursement available for job related professional development; and
• Annual Performance Bonus Program for outstanding performance.
Resumes will be reviewed immediately and candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted for further consideration and preliminary interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
HR. Website URL: