Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Aerospace Fuel Motion Control Systems Division is seeking a Lead Project Engineer-Systems to join our team. The position will be based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The Lead Project Engineer-Systems is responsible for providing engineering team leadership for the new product development of aerospace electro-mechanical actuation products from proposal through initial production. This role includes supporting the Technical Integrated Product Team (IPT) by driving the team to program milestones, controlling costs, design integrity and ensuring a high-level of engineering discipline.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will support an IPT of mechanical, electrical, software, system, test, motor, and other engineers to develop new or upgrade existing electro-mechanical actuator products for aerospace applications.
* You will plan the design and verification activities for new product developments.
* You will support proposal teams in response to customer requests for quote and internal cost out initiatives.
* You will deliver on program milestones by estimating task durations, identify resource needs and track tasks to closure.
* You will be the main technical customer interface for project.
* You will manage assigned tasks and team tasks to meet schedule and budget. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: