Posted by: Eaton on Feb 08, 2019
Eden Prairie, MN
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Hydraulic division has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering. The position is located at the Eden Prairie, MN
The Manufacturing Engineer will establish and maintain methods of manufacturing for a sub group within a product line. Support customer quality and delivery expectations. Specify machine tool selection, develop prototype/production tooling, create Operating Instructions and related drawings including Control Plans and related inspection methods. Provide daily production support to Manufacturing Technicians, Machine Operators, and Assembly/Test production personnel. Direct and maintain departmental records including Product Routings, Operating Instructions, Control Plans and PFMEA documentation, etc. Analyze data to identify adverse conditions and drive continuous improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
* You will develop manufacturing processes for new Transfer Products and New Product Development and ensure they meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) requirements
* You will prepare Product Routings, Operating Instructions, Control Plans and PFMEA documentation
* You will drive continuous improvement and support Plant Goals: Safety, Quality, Lean, OTD, and Financial expectations as a key member of Value Stream team (VSM)
* You will support customer quality expectations and execute assigned corrective action activities
* You will process Manufacturing and Design Engineering changes per plant procedures and authorize non-conforming material disposition and rework procedures using plant MRB process
* You will specify tooling and gaging for manufacturing and assy/test operations
* You will investigate and recommend manufacturing improvements to support annual cost-out goals
* You will provide technical assistance and daily support to shop floor employees
* Drive continuous improvement and support Plant Goals: Safety, Quality, Lean, OTD, and Financial expectations as a key member of VSM team. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelors degree or higher
HR. Website URL: