Posted by: Perspecta on Jul 10, 2019
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Our company is looking for a Information Security Lead in Herndon, VA. or Charleston, WV.
• Responsible for determining enterprise information security standards. Develop and implements information security standards and procedures. Provide tactical information security advice and examining the ramifications of new technologies. Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
• Builds a strategic and comprehensive information security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective information security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures information security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
• Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization.
• Creates a culture of cyber security both within the IT organization and driving behavioral changes for the business.
• Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
• Manages security incidents and events involving electronic protected information.
• Ensures that the disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management and access controls needs of the facility are addressed.
• Ensures the institution/organization complies with administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
• Collaborates with organization senior management and delivery teams to establish governance for the security program.
• Responsible for periodic information security risk assessments, mitigation and remediation and for the development and implementation of security risk management plan.
• Coordinate responses to information security audits.
• Serves as information security consultant to all departments for all data security related
• Ensure security compliance for Remote Access (RA) Services, including provision, configuration, management, and operation of (a) secure RA solution(s) (such as mobile and/or IP/VPN) to enable users from a remote location to connect to resources in the organization.
• • BS degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on security and infrastructure
• Knowledge and experience in federal information security laws, including but not limited to FISMA, NIST, PCI and all other applicable regulations.
• A Security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other healthcare industry related security credentials.
• Ability to independently resolve widely varying complex problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
• Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
• Able to support and work the necessary hours to finish critical work. Must be willing to occasionally travel to client locations, as needed.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Apply Thank you for your interest in Perspecta. We are excited about our company and look forward to welcoming new employees to our talented team. Perspecta was recently formed through the combination of DXC Technology's U.S. Public Sector business with Vencore and KeyPoint.
While applying for a job, you may find yourself having to create/sign-in with various accounts depending on the legacy company of the specific application you are completing. We appreciate your patience as we work behind the scenes to fully integrate our systems and create a consolidated applicant experience.
HR. Website URL: